Thursday, March 5, 2009

Some knitting fun...


OK, this first one is of the cowl I made. Super easy pattern made with circular needles. I liked this maroon color and I have added it to a simple t-shirt top when it's cold. Don't care for the feel of this yarn on my neck though, kind of itchy and it sheds some small threads from the yarn, which makes it look like you've rolled around with a cat by the end of the day!



Now for the latest sock project...my knitting friend and guru "Mo" gave me some of her stash to make some socks, I loved this yarn because of the bright, fun colors so I started with it. I'm liking the very small needles I get to use, I think these are size 2. I started these before we went to Austin, which was Feb. 21st, just to keep a time-line, sort of. I turned the heel this last weekend, Feb. 28th/Mar. 1st.


And this photo is from today, finished the heel decrease and moving on to the foot part, got about 5 in. to go before I decrease to the toe part. Small stitches take a long time to see that you are getting somewhere. It's coming out really neat, all the stripes! The yarn does that on it's own but you could do similar striping using different color yarns. I'll post the final when it's done...then I have to make it's twin!!

1 comment:

Merideth Savoie said...

Great job Sheila! The sock is coming along well. Super cute!