Thursday, August 27, 2009

Going for a walk

I got some new shoes, my sweet hubby got them for me, well he tried...he got the wrong size so I had to go exchange them. Aren't they cute?
These are not just Nikes but ones that have a little spot in them to put this:

It works with my iPhone and can track my walks/runs, lets me know how far I've gone, plays my iTunes as I go. All in all a cool little thing. I started on 8/14 and have walked between 2 and 2.5 miles each time, I average about a 15 min. mile, I'm good with that.

My goal is to start walking as much as I can, need to get in shape and since the kids have training twice a week at Lost Creek Park, I have no excuse! I made myself a belt to hold my iPhone, it's not pretty so no photos, but it works. Took it for it's maiden voyage last night and did fine. I do have to wear it with the phone at my lower back so the blue tooth headphones don't cut out. I think I will make another version of the iPhone belt with a few improvements and then maybe post the pictures of the first one and then the new one...we'll see!

No comments: